- Module IN2157
- Lecture: Tuesday 8:25 - 9:55 in MI HS2 (starting on Oct 24 due to the "Introductory week")
- Tutorials: Wednesday 12-14 in 02.13.010 and 16-18 03.09.014
- Language: English
- Feb 28: As previously announced, no cheat sheets are allowed during the exam.
- Oct 24: Tutorials information updated.
The course will provide an overview on the analysis of fundamental algorithms. The topics are the following:
Literature: Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest, Stein: Introduction to Algorithms. MIT Press.
- Fundamentals: models of computation, complexity measures
- Sorting: Bubble-Sort, Merge-Sort, Quick-Sort, Median-Algorithms, lower bounds, sorting in parallel
- Searching: hashing, search tress, etc.
- Arithmetic problems: parallel prefix computation, parallel matrix and vector operations
- Foundations of parallel algorithms and simple models of parallel computation
- Algorithms on (weighted) graphs: traversals, shortest paths, etc.
For parallel algorithms, see Berman, Paul: Algorithms: Sequential, Parallel, and Distributed, or JaJa: Introduction to Parallel Algorithms
Here you can find animated executions of various algorithms.